Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days of Order/Disorder, Day 8

Laundry room again. (It's a very bi-polar kind of room.)

ORDER:
As I fold clothes, they get placed in each person's labeled basket. When the basket gets full, I put it in their room on their dresser and they are responsible for unloading it and returning the empty basket to the laundry room. One of my favorite parts of this system is the sock system:

This is actually one of those hanging shoe holders. But hung next to my folding station, it becomes a hanging sock sorter. Each person has their own slot, and as I fold, if the pair isn't immediately obvious, the sock gets stuffed in here. At the end of the basket, I pull out all of one person's socks and pair them up.  Hey, it's the little things in life that make us happy, right?

DISORDER:
This (still in my laundry room) is like ALMOST organized. But being ALMOST organized is really irritating, like having an itch in the middle of your back that is just barely out of reach. The tall baskets are our dirty laundry baskets--light colors, dark colors, reds, and towels. Yes, this sounds organized, but not if you can't find a good and systematic place to PUT the baskets. I'm still working on it...my poor family never knows where they're going to find them as I move them around from week to week!

PS: Isn't the carpet awesome? If you said yes...you would be wrong.

No comments: