Friday, March 18, 2011

Why Moms Need A Vacation

Reason #1: Death-defying acrobatics from a swingset that nearly cause your observing Mama to pass out.
Every family has to have one. You know, the child that keeps the Dr.'s Office in business. I just didn't think it would be our girly-girl, the one who can't leave the house without a skirt on.

Reason #2: Brainy ideas that come from the King of the family.
You know, things like hanging my children over a 20-foot deep cistern so they could see the kind of thing Joseph (of the Bible) was thrown into....or....
 ....the suggestion that we could save $300 a year on toilet paper if we would buy the cheapy-cheap-o stuff. The stuff that doesn't really qualify as toilet paper.  (Tracing paper, maybe. Toilet paper, no.) Don't worry, I checked--we don't even spend $300 a year on toilet paper.

Reason #3: Household messes
I should probably be thinking this is really cute and creative. But this is the phrase that keeps repeating in my head, "Exactly who is going to pick up this mess?"


Reason #4: (Slightly Different) Household Messes
In answer to that last question, I know exactly who is going to be cleaning up this mess.






Reason #5:  Not ever being able to leave the house (without the circus.)
I have 4 children. Only 3 can dress themselves, but those 3 insist on dressing like this...
To say the circus has nothin' on us would be a grave understatement...in so many ways.

Reason #6: Dieting.
No photo.
'Nuff said.

3 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Hope you get a vacation soon!! Well, maybe in 20 years right!!

sheldonanddenise said...

Jenny ~ I busted a gut reading this post!!!! Is it crazy that Sheldon had a toilet paper conversation with some random person at Sam's Club! We came out with a HUGE box of T.P.! Good-bye Cottonelle, its been a wonderful run :o( Gotta go ~ need to find a place to put all my T.P. now!!! Denise

Em Streit said...

Hehehehehehe this post was too funny!!! I think my amusement became an outburst of laughing when I saw lil' Kristin's predicament, thankfully you had rubber gloves, right? :) This post also made me realize how long it has been since I have seen you all, CRAZY!! I hope that changes soon :D