Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Motherhood Rollercoaster


I always knew it, people told me, but you don't REALLY realize it until your kids keep you up all night, wake you up too early, and throw up on the open stairs where it overflows onto the shelves of toys stored underneath (this pretty much summarizes my last 24 hours). What is it I always knew? Motherhood is a full-time job. No, that's not even accurate, because full-time is considered 40 hours a week. No, motherhood is a 24-hour, non-stop, roller coaster ride, with lows as low as the highs are high. Part of the problem is there's no one to take over when you've had enough. Oh sure, I can hand them off to my husband, or ship them off to Grandma's house, but I'm still the Mom. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure, there are times I wonder what it would cost to sell them on eBay (and no, I wouldn't really do that...yet) but there are times where you want to hug them close and just smell their hair or feel their warm foot on your leg. Times where they actually share or are nice to each other. So I guess if I have to take the bad with the good, then bring it on. I can handle it...I hope!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Gross!!!! Who was sick? It looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Iowa!!!
I can't believe its been a new year since I have seen any of you guys!